Saturday, March 1, 2008

New Entrepreneurial Development Website

Friday, I left Jackson and passed through Meridian on the way home to Hattiesburg. Well, it wasn't really on the way, but I had to take care of some things for my grandfather, so it worked out alright.

Anyway, while I was there, I had lunch with Chris Reed, who is one of the project managers of the WIRED initiative at the Montgomery Institute. Chris and I worked together when I interned at the Institute during the summer and fall of 2005. One of the projects we worked on was the Mississippi Entrepreneurial Alliance, which sought to network Mississippi's entrepreneurs with the resources and agencies that could assist them.

The website that has just launched (the current site serves East Mississippi/West Alabama) has caught the attention of many people. A couple of weeks ago, the Mississippi Development Authority announced it was providing funds to take the website statewide. It's great to see MDA place greater focus on small business and entrepreneurship.

Chris has done an amazing job with its development, and I'm looking forward to seeing many entrepreneurs take advantage of this valuable resource as it continues to evolve.

The website is www.mybiz.am if you have a few minutes to check it out.

No comments: